City Council, Police and Crime Commissioner and Mayor of the West Midlands Combined Authority - Elections on 6 May 2021
Elections on 6 May 2021
The Government has confirmed that the Local, Combined Authority Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner elections that were due to take place on 7 May 2020 will now take place on 6 May 2021.
We are still awaiting additional advice and guidance from the Government and Electoral Commission on some of the practicalities. The Returning Officer has been working on plans for these elections for a number of months and will ensure that all necessary arrangements are in place to ensure that candidates, agents and electors can access the democratic process appropriately.
On 6 May 2021, voters in Coventry will take part in 3 elections:
- Coventry City Council - Local Elections
- West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner Elections
- Mayor of the West Midlands Combined Authority
Key dates/deadlines for this election
- Poll cards will be dispatched from 1 April 2021
- Nominations for the 3 elections can be received from 23 March - 8 April 2021
- The final list of candidates for all elections will be available online from 9 April 2021
- Applications to vote by post, to amend or cancel a postal vote must be received by 5pm on 20 April 2021
- Applications to vote by proxy must be received by 5pm on 27 April 2021
- Replacement postal votes can be issued from 30 April - 5pm on 6 May 2021.