Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

This is affecting us all at work and at home. We’re working hard to keep services running and will focus our efforts on the most critical elements. In doing so disruption to many services is likely.

Read our latest update

Registering to vote

Overseas and Service voters

I live overseas, can I register?

British citizens living abroad can vote in UK Parliamentary and European Parliamentary elections, but not in local elections. British citizens living abroad for more than 15 years are not allowed to register to vote in UK elections. You can register as an overseas elector, using the address where you were last registered to vote in the UK.

I'm a member of the Armed Forces. How can I register? 

A member of HM Forces and their wife/husband or civil partner can register as an ordinary elector or as a service voter. You can register as a service voter. A service declaration must be completed, which is valid for five years. Each unit of the services has designated one member of staff to be a Unit Registration Officer who will be able to provide further advice.

Electoral Services

Opening hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (excluding bank holidays)


Tel: 024 7683 3034

Council House
Earl Street

Is there anything wrong with this page?