Housing trends in Coventry
Housing Tenure - Percentage (%) by tenure in Coventry
- Owner-Occupied 61%
- Private rented 22%
- Social Rent 17%
Renting private sector housing - Average private sector rent levels
- All property types - average rent of £669 per month (March 2020)
- Average rent for a two-bedroom property is £678
- Average rent for a three bedroom house is £766
Coventry Homefinder (Social Housing)
- The number of households registered on Coventry Homefinder is between 13,500 and 14,000.
- Around 3,500 of these households are in Bands 1A to 2C (with assessed housing needs under the Homefinder Policy).
- 1,342 properties were advertised on Homefinder in the year from April 2019 to March 2020.
- 589 (44%) were studio or one bedroom properties suitable for single people or couples.
- Only 242 properties advertised (18%) were three bedroom properties.
- The average number of bids per property (all property types) was 191.
- The average number of bids for a three bedroom property was 284.
- The areas of Coventry where most social housing became available were Willenhall, Tile Hill North and Hillfields.
Local Housing Allowance (LHA) - Housing benefit that can be claimed by people renting in the private rented sector
- Room in a shared accommodation - weekly rate - £77.50. The monthly equivalent is £336.76
- One bedroom accommodation - weekly rate - £112.77. The monthly equivalent is £490
- Two bedroom accommodation - weekly rate - £132.33. The monthly equivalent is £575
- Three bedroom accommodation - weekly rate - £155.34. The monthly equivalent is £675
- Four bedroom accommodation - weekly rate - £201.37 The monthly equivalent is £875
These figures are correct for the year from April 2020 - check our LHA page for the latest information.