Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:



Financial difficulty and arrears

If you are having financial difficulties or are in rent arrears and are worried about becoming homeless, you can contact our Homelessness Prevention Team for housing advice and support.


If you struggling financially, you may be able to find help and advice through our benefits webpages. You can find information about a range of benefits including Discretionary Housing Payments, Housing Benefit, Community Support Grants and Universal Credit.

Council Tax arrears

Read more information if you are struggling to pay your Council Tax

Advice organisations

  • Advice Services Coventry lists the different agencies in the city who work together to offer free, independent advice and information.
  • Coventry Citizens Advice provides independent, impartial and confidential advice for a range of situations. Call 03444 111 444 for the national helpline. Or drop-in at Kirby House, Little Park Street, CV1 2JZ. 9:30am to 1pm Monday to Friday. 
  • The Coventry Law Centre provides free legal advice on personal debt and a range of other issues. Call 0247 622 3053 for more information. See also their Benefits Aware website
  • Shelter provides a range of housing advice and support. Call 0344 515 1944

Accessing the Homelessness Prevention Service

The earlier you get in touch with us, the more likely we’ll be able to resolve your housing situation. Call the Homelessness Prevention Service on 024 7683 4025. 

Homelessness Prevention Service


Tel: 024 7683 4025

Customer Service Centre
Broadgate House

Is there anything wrong with this page?