All our delivery partners
1) Adult Education Service, Coventry City CouncilView full details of Adult Education Service, Coventry City CouncilThe Adult Education Service offers courses that help you to:- improve your English, Maths and ICT skills - gain qualifications - build your confidence and feel less isolated.
2) Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce TrainingView full details of Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce TrainingAs one of the largest providers of apprenticeships and wider vocational training and development in the sub-region, Chamber Training has more than 30 years’ experience in supporting people into work. The courses are designed to assist young people in Coventry gain new skills and knowledge which will lead them into the world of work. It exclusively helps young people who are not in education, employment or training (NEETs) with targeted engagement to move them into employment or further training.
3) Coventry Refugee and Migrant CentreView full details of Coventry Refugee and Migrant CentreCRMC provides impartial and confidential advice to asylum seekers, refugees and migrants living in Coventry. We relieve hardship and distress amongst these communities in Coventry, alongside providing holistic services to our clients. We also raise awareness of refugee, asylum, and migrant issues in the wider community and at a local government level.
4) Coventry University Social EnterpriseView full details of Coventry University Social EnterpriseCoventry University Social Enterprise (CUSE) is based in Whitefriars street in Coventry. The team specialises in supporting people to build their employability skills or to start their own business and/or social enterprise. Contact us for more information.
5) Employment and Skills Service and Internally Provided Disability Service, Coventry City CouncilView full details of Employment and Skills Service and Internally Provided Disability Service, Coventry City Council
The Job Shop Connect2 team works with individuals who disclose disabilities, mental health issues and long-term health conditions on a 1-1 basis, supporting them on their employment journey. We offer support with:
- CV writing
- Application forms
- General advice and guidance
- ‘On the job’ job coaching, providing support in work to help make reasonable adjustments
6) Fab Lab CoventryView full details of Fab Lab CoventryFabLab Coventry and its Eco furniture factory are two community maker spaces, creating an informal welcoming environment that is open to all. We provide existing and budding makers access to over £200,000 of manufacturing equipment and associated skills and qualifications. We support local people to learn the skills they need to both design and make products and deliver several accredited courses which encourage the uptake of careers and start-up businesses in design, manufacturing, engineering and physical trades. Examples include, street signage, keyrings, shopfront vinyl, shop signage, stools, sandwich boards, t-shirts, mugs, small 3d printed figures, a guitar and small pieces of furniture. We make laser cut, 3D printed and vinyl-based products in our Digital Fabrication lab and unique woodwork products in our Eco Furniture Factory.
7) Foleshill Women’s TrainingView full details of Foleshill Women’s TrainingFWT’s women only centre provides culturally sensitive information, advice and guidance on everything you need to help you into work. Our team can help you:• Find academic and vocational courses • Get volunteering and work experience • With job search, job applications and interview practice • Get advice on how to find childcare to support your learning or new job. Contact us to get started.
8) IMAGINEER Godiva Awakes TrustView full details of IMAGINEER Godiva Awakes TrustImagineers will focus on equipping you with:- team building and communication skills - interview skills and self employment support - skills in visual and performing arts, gaming and music.
9) Life Path TrustView full details of Life Path TrustLife Path Trust support people with barriers to work such as learning disabilities, mental health issues and isolation, helping you to overcome obstacles to accessing a job. We understand the unique and complex problems that deters people from engaging in employment focused programmes. Life Path Trust can support with: • A person-centred approach • One to one guidance • CV writing, interview skills, support for online job applications • Confidence building • Increased wellbeing and reduced isolation • Raising aspirations, resilience and independence.
10) New Start 4 U CICView full details of New Start 4 U CICNew Start 4 U CIC is a community-based organisation delivering multilingual, personalised support for all members of our community regardless of age, background, or any other identities. We support young people ages 16-29 not in employment or education through Ambition2 and Your Vision Your Future, as well as young people aged 15-24 including those in education or training through Routes2. We provide: tailored career guidance; CV development, interview skills and job search support, access to further learning (English/IELTS courses, funded online training, and university courses), employability and confidence-building face-to-face workshops, art and photography extracurricular activities and advice on self-employment and business start-ups. We also support members of the community aged 16+ through Connect2, helping to: change careers or move into steady work through tailored employability support; providing access to our Job Club; improve English skills and digital skills to keep up with life in the UK today; advance into university courses tailored around work and childcare responsibilities; access to local opportunities for education, development, or meeting childcare/basic life needs.
11) PET-XiView full details of PET-Xi
PET Xi provides holistic support through 1:1 mentoring to ensure that participants receive guidance on how to go about applying for a job, CV and cover-letter writing and perfecting interview skills. In addition, with the overall aim of progression into a positive destination, participants get:
- help with building confidence and skills for work
- the opportunity to gain qualifications and employability skills.
12) ProspectsView full details of ProspectsProspects (part of Shaw Trust) Careers Advisers are qualified to Level 6 in Careers Guidance. We provide impartial advice and guidance to help young people make informed and realistic choices and support them to reach their full potential.Careers Advisers use the ‘Work Star’ to find out about strengths and needs. Support is tailored to build on an individual’s existing skills and help them to overcome barriers. Work can be carried out face to face, online or by ‘phone and may be one to one or in small groups. Activities include: • Researching careers and the current labour market • Exploring job, education and training options • Matching skills and interests to suitable opportunities • Support to complete application forms • CVs and cover letters • Developing interview techniques • Travel training • Developing employability skills • Action planning
13) Rethink Mental IllnessView full details of Rethink Mental IllnessRethink Mental Illness are a leading mental health charity and our work coaches will help you if you are experiencing mental health issues so you can:• be supported into employment • access support groups • find and access training or education • get mental health and money advice.
14) The Job Shop, Coventry City CouncilView full details of The Job Shop, Coventry City CouncilThe Job Shop Team can work with you to:- access employment support - prepare your CV, improve your interview skills and keep your job once you get it.
15) The Migration Team, Coventry City CouncilView full details of The Migration Team, Coventry City CouncilThe Migration Team bridges service gaps, providing mentoring, coaching and holistic interventions to support young refugees and migrants to move into suitable education and employment opportunities. We will provide them with the training, education and employment opportunities that they need. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
16) The Prince’s TrustView full details of The Prince’s TrustThe Prince’s Trust can support you with:• Improving your employability skills and work experience • Developing your confidence, communication and team working skills • Gaining employment opportunities with partners such as Marks and Spencer’s and the NHS
17) Work Related Learning, Coventry City CouncilView full details of Work Related Learning, Coventry City CouncilWork Related Learning provide a fantastic opportunity for students to receive more intense support for the next chapter in their educational journey. A lot of time is spent preparing students to enable them to learn new skills and prepare for their future. The service provides a range of Alternative Provision delivered by a range of providers. In addition, participants are given Functional Skills projects, social skills and personal growth workshops plus advice and guidance sessions.
18) Working Actively to Change Hillfields WATCHView full details of Working Actively to Change Hillfields WATCHThe team at WATCH can work with you to:- prepare your CV and practice interview techniques - get the most out of the weekly jobs club - join Hillz FM's Introduction to Radio programme.