Stopping up of Public Highway and Public Rights of Way

Development work might mean stopping people from using some roads and footpaths.

An application must be made to the Department of Transport for a stopping order under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990. No work on the area can be carried out until permission is given.

For more information, talk to our Public Rights of Way Officer.

Highways Development Control Team

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street