What is a volunteer mentor?
A volunteer mentor is someone who wants to advise, assist, support and motivate a young person into developing skills and new perspectives, which will assist them in achieving and sustaining their personal goals.
Download our volunteer mentor leaflet.
What's in it for you?
- Gain transferable skills and experience in working with young people.
- Develop your communication and interpersonal skills such as mentoring and motivating young people.
- Receive support and training on looked after young people.
- Access to resources to support with the mentoring of a young person.
To volunteer in this role, you will need to be:
- self-motivated, reliable and organised
- patient with a positive attitude
- empathetic and understanding of the issues young people in care face.
- supportive and encouraging
- willing to take on a challenge
- over the age of 18
Would you like to find out more? Please contact Katy Dolden, Lead Mentor by emailing [email protected]
or alternatively you can fill in and submit this online application form.