Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Wainbody Ward by-election

Wainbody Ward by-election - 5 September

Following the recent sad death of Councillor Gary Crookes, a by-election has been called to fill the vacancy of Councillor for Wainbody Ward. The date of the election will be 5 September 2019.

All electors who are currently registered or who register by 19 August and are eligible to vote will receive a poll card by 22 August 2019. If you haven't had a poll card, you can contact the elections office helpline to check your registration status. The helpline number is 024 7683 3034.

Any elector who is currently registered for a postal vote will receive their postal pack around 18 August. If you apply for a postal vote between now and the deadline for postal vote applications you can expect to receive your postal pack around 24 August. If you are going away before this date then please consider applying for a proxy vote.

If you've recently moved or turned 18, you may not be registered. You can register at The deadline to register to vote for this election is 19 August 2019.


Key dates for elections on 5 September 2019

  • The deadline for those interested in standing as a candidate is 4pm on 8 August 2019
  • Deadline for new applications to register in time to vote at the above election: Monday 19 August 2019
  • Deadline for submitting applications to vote by post at the above election: Tuesday 20 August, 5pm
  • Deadline for submitting applications to vote by proxy at the above election: Wednesday 28 August, 5pm
  • Distribution of poll cards will be between 31 July - 22 August 2019

Election notices

These links will become live as the notices are published.


The results will be published online during the count process which takes place after the close of poll on 5 September.


If you have a comment or complaint about the City Council's running of the elections, you should refer them to the Council's online complaints form.

If you have a complaint or issue about a candidate, agent or campaigner and you think that electoral malpractice has taken place, you should report the electoral malpractice online.

Is there anything wrong with this page?