Making a complaint about rented accommodation
Housing health and safety rating system (HHSRS)
It is important that houses are checked regularly to make sure they are safe and healthy to live in.
The Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) looks at the risks to health and safety in housing, and what action is needed to bring buildings up to the right standard.
A comprehensive guide to the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) has been written which gives full information and answers to questions such as:
- What is the housing health and safety rating system?
- Why set up the new system?
- What are the principles of the system?
- How are assessment made?
- How is the score calculated?
- How will the system be used in enforcement?
- How do local councils decide on their enforcement policies?
- How can I use it?
- What insurance will I need?
For further information read HHSRS Advice for landlords or visit the Shelter England website.