Neighbourhood Enforcement Service
Neighbourhood Enforcement Officers patrol our city's streets, parks and city centre and contribute to making our city a cleaner and safer place.
The service operates city-wide and can be quickly deployed to where it is needed most. The deployment is based upon information and intelligence received from Coventry citizens, other colleagues in the City Council and from our partners like the Police and Housing Associations.
The team work seven days per week from 7.00am to 7.00pm and specialise in low level environmental enforcement.
- Issue fixed penalty notices for littering and dog fouling offences concentrating on those parts of the city where Coventry citizens tell us that there is a problem
- Deal with the identification and removal of abandoned vehicles
- Gather and secure evidence from fly tipping episodes, on behalf of the Environment and Housing Enforcement team, so that we are able to pursue these offenders through the courts to secure prosecution
- Identify and report where accumulations of refuse in gardens is likely to cause public health problems and attract rodents
- Monitor the condition of empty homes in the city
- Administer projects like 'bins off streets' and 'hot streets', which are designed to reduce fly tipping and improve the cleanliness of our streets.