Job Shop vacancies
Last updated 17 November 2017
Please use the links above to see our latest vacancies by sector.
Upcoming Job Shop Recruitment Events
Any clients interested in our events must be registered at the Job Shop before they can book on. Unless otherwise stated, all candidates must contact the Job Shop to attend events. All events are at the Job Shop unless otherwise specified.
Staff Right For UK Mail, Recruitment Event: 23 November
- Staff Right are supporting UK Mail to recruit at 100 warehouse operatives to work at their UK Distribution Centre which is just off the A45 on the way to Ryton (South West Coventry)
- The roles are Temp to Perm. Pay is £7.50PH for any age. Shifts are 1.00pm - 9.00pm ( on occasion may be required to start at 12.00pm) Monday - Friday.
- Candidates will be expected to complete an application form, account for any gaps in employment and be able to provide two references and present proof of ID.
- Candidates need to be physically fit and have a no unspent criminal convictions (driving offences are okay).
Construction sector awareness session with Willmott Dixon: 24 November
- Information session on working in construction- entry requirements, case studies, application tips, jobs available, insight into the sector, construction projects in Coventry as well as information on JTL Training and the Traineeship due to start in March 2018. Presentation 1 hour followed by Q&A
Monthly Care Event for social care vacancies in Coventry: 6 December
- Care Event incorporating an information presentation and mini-jobs fair for clients interested and suitable for work in the care sector.
- There are usually 8-12 employers in attendance, with a range of vacancies including live in, domiciliary and residential care.
National Express Information and Recruitment Session: 8 December
- National Express are looking to recruit safe, professional, experienced drivers to join their team. This Recruitment Event will enable you to gather more information regarding the roles and whether it’s for you, as well as undertaking an initial assessment.
Candidates must meet ALL the criteria below; Be at least 18 years of age, hold a full UK/EU car driving licence, be able to demonstrate the capability to understand English to a level sufficient to read and understand information relevant to driving, such as road signs and safety and to communicate effectively with customers, hold a valid work permit / visa, have NO criminal convictions arising from driving, have NEVER been disqualified from driving and have NO previous serious offence such as drink/drug driving or dangerous/reckless driving.
Workshops and Training
Adult Education ESOL / English & Maths Info and Screening: 16 November
- Coventry Adult Education will be coming to the Job Shop to screen and book clients interested in English & maths functional skills and ESOL classes.
Adult Education October Basic IT Course: Starts 27 November
- This course is for people who are absolute beginners and want to gain a qualification. The course allows you to gain qualifications in bite-size ways.This course will enable you to gain basic skills in:
• Word Processing
• Accessing the Internet
• Sending & Reviewing Emails
• Health & Safety (Online and in a computer environment)
Retail LVL 2 Training course: 27 November
- The 4 days intensive course is designed for customers, who are struggling to find work in the retail sector. It will help participants to develop a better understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector and how to overcome challenges related to the work in retail. Those who complete the course will receive a LVL 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge, which will boost their CV, but more importantly will enable them to convince in interviews + work trials.
- The main units of the course are: Understanding customer service in the retail sector, understanding the retail selling process, understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business, understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises.
- All topics will be taught face to face and the assessment is by workbook. As part of a group the participants can develop own ideas, skills and knowledge which they can use at the workplace.
CV Workshops: Every Thursday
- Advice on what a CV should contain and what employers are looking for, with guidance to create or update a CV during the session.
Interview Skills Workshop: Every Wednesday.
- Accredited interview skills training course for anyone hoping to understand the process better and practice their interview skills.
Sector Based Work Academies: Various start dates.
- JobCentre Plus are running a series of SBWAs through September and October, comprising training, work experience and interviews in sectors including customer service and retail.