Job Shop vacancies
Last updated 2 February
Please use the links above to see our latest vacancies by sector.
Upcoming Job Shop Recruitment Events
Any clients interested in our events must be registered at the Job Shop before they can book on. Unless otherwise stated, all candidates must contact the Job Shop to attend events. All events are at the Job Shop unless otherwise specified.
Templine/ Brose Screening: Every Thursday
- Templine Brose are recruiting for Machine Operatives at their Exhall plant. Rotating shift pattern Monday to Friday.
- Candidates will be required to complete a brief Maths and English assessment before being put forward for a role. This a temp ongoing role although Templine are Brose's only way of recruiting machine operators and have taken over 600 staff permanently since 2014.
Care Event: 7 February
- Care Event incorporating an information presentation and mini-jobs fair for clients interested and suitable for work in the care sector.
Amazon Application Assistant Sessions: Friday 9, 16 and 23 of February
Amazon are recruiting 1200 staff to work in their new site opening in Coventry in May 2018.
These sessions are to give candidates an overview of the Amazon application process and to aid with the online application for the upcoming roles. Subjects covered include:
- Info on Amazon - including working environment/ workplace culture etc.
- Info on different job roles.
- Essential requirements.
- Support with online application.
- Explain the interview process and recruitment days to follow.
National Express Information and Recruitment Session: 14 February
National Express are looking to recruit safe, professional, experienced drivers to join their team. This Recruitment Event will enable you to gather more information regarding the roles and whether it’s for you, as well as undertaking an initial assessment.
Wilmott Dixon and JTL Training, Construction sector awareness session: 21 February
- Information session on working in construction- entry requirements, case studies, application tips, jobs available, insight into the sector, construction projects in Coventry as well as information on JTL Training and the Traineeship due to start in March 2018.
- Presentation 1 hour followed by Q&A.
Workshops and Training
CV Workshops: Every Tuesday
- Advice on what a CV should contain and what employers are looking for, with guidance to create or update a CV during the session.
Interview Skills Workshop: Every Wednesday
- Accredited interview skills training course for anyone hoping to understand the process better and practice their interview skills.
First Impressions Count : 22 February
The First Impressions Count workshop is designed to help you make the most out of a Jobs Fair, and in particular the upcoming care event.
It is an informative workshop that is designed to help you prepare for the care event or any other Job Fair you have coming up.
NCS Workshop: Enabling Apprenticeships: 23 February
The National Careers Service are holding workshops to help you discover how an apprenticeship can kick-start your career.
- Apprenticeships for all ages
- Apprenticeship providers
- Support with applications
NCS Workshop: Fuller Working Lives: 23 February
- The National Careers Service 'Fuller Working Lives' workshops offer free training to improve customers working lifes and future prospects.
- These workshops are part of national scheme aimed at helping customers aged 50+
The workshops will cover:
- Mid life career review
- Digital upskilling
- Skills health check
- Digital job search
Sector Based Work Academies: Various start dates.
- JobCentre Plus are running a series of SBWAs through September and October, comprising training, work experience and interviews in sectors including customer service and retail.