Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a Data Controller. This privacy notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we process personal data about you
We collect and hold personal information relating to The Coventry Equipment Service.
We use this information to:
- Provide you with necessary and appropriate services
- Text message on provided number regarding delivery or collection
- Help us to develop and improve our services
- Complete statistical returns to Government departments
We process personal data because it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations under contract with you to provide equipment and services.
What information do we collect about you?
- Name and address
- Date of birth
- Telephone or mobile detail
- Contact details of your doctor
- Next of kin details
- Emergency contact details (where relevant)
- Any medical information that we may need to know
- Details of the equipment provided
Who we share your data with
We will share data with:
- The admin processing equipment requests
- Coventry city council telecare service if there is active provision for user
- Health and social care professional registered to use ELMS
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to, so we can give you the service you need unless we must keep it for legal reasons.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the information that we hold about you (also known as a Subject Access Request)
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the ways we process information about you
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Question decisions made about you by a computer
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Coventry Equipment Services or email email@example.com
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision at DPOTeam@coventry.gov.uk
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Information Commissioner's Office,
Date of last update: September 2022