Coventry City Council Complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use personal data about you
We collect and hold personal information relating to car park season ticket membership, fishery membership, educational visits and event applications.
We use this information to:
- Provide you with necessary and appropriate services
- Send you information relating to your membership, i.e. important and relevant information in respect of car park and fishery membership.
- Communicate with you regarding your educational visit or event application.
- Help us to develop and improve our services
- Complete statistical returns to internal departments.
- To seek permission for filming and photography.
We process personal data because it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
What information do we collect about you?
- Contact details
- Vehicle registration details
Who we share your personal data with
We will share data with:
- Internal council departments, i.e. Outdoor Education Service, Events Team. Data is also shared with our contractor CAME Parkare with reference to the ANPR car parking system at Coombe Abbey Park.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need, unless we must keep it for legal reasons.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Ask for human intervention regarding decisions made about you by a computer
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Streetscene and Greenspace Service and/or email email@example.com
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office