Our vision, values and priorities
Welcome to Coventry Safeguarding Children’s Partnership (CSCP). The CSCP replaces the Coventry Safeguarding Children’s Board. The change takes place as a result of the Children and Social Work Act 2017 which places a new duty on Local Authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups and the Police to make arrangements locally to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in their area.
The CSCP, made up of Coventry Local Authority, Coventry and Warwickshire Integrated Care Board (ICB) and West Midlands Police, have agreed on the following as the vision and values for the work of the partnership.
To work in partnership to ensure that children and young people are protected from harm and neglect and that their welfare is promoted.
- To put children, young people and families at the heart of everything we do.
- To ensure that partners work together achieving better outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- To recognise and share examples of good practice so that these can be replicated in other areas.
- To be innovative and to try new approaches to ensure continuous improvement.
- To be open and honest about barriers that may be preventing improvement so that can we can collectively agree on how these may be overcome.
- To ensure that poor practice is challenged appropriately to ensure that it leads to improvement in the system.
- To ensure that children, young people and their families receive the right service, at the right time in the right way.
The Coventry Safeguarding Children’s Partnerships arrangements are available to download. If you would like more information about Coventry Safeguarding Children’s Partnership, please contact us.
Information Sharing Agreement 2023
Please see our Information Sharing Agreement for all partner agencies.
Priorities for 2023 - 2024
The Partnership has chosen three priorities to inform a 2 year business plan. Each priority will have a set of actions to ensure they are delivered, and a quality assurance schedule to test their implementation and outcomes for children and families in Coventry. The priorities are:
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Making The system Work
Business Plan for 2023 - 2024
Please see our Business Plan detailing the actions required to deliver our three priorities; Child Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Making The System Work.
Please see our latest Annual Report which provides a summary of the effectiveness of services in the city to safeguard children and young people and promote their welfare.
Coventry Safeguarding Children Partnership (CSCP)
This team cannot take calls related to individual children or families. To discuss an individual or a case please call Coventry Children’s Social Care at the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 024 7678 8555.