The Sensory Team are specialist (hearing and vision) teachers and support staff providing highly specialist support for children with hearing or vision difficulties.
We provide a comprehensive programme of support to children with hearing and/or visual impairments and their schools, parents/carers and supporting professionals.
- hearing and vision assessments and advice on meeting children's need
- pre-school support for children with sensory impairment, their parents/carers and professionals involved with the family
- specialist teaching support and advice concerning children with hearing and/or visual impairment attending mainstream/special schools
- teaching within special resource bases in mainstream schools for pupils with hearing impairment, who use sign language
- resources and adaptations for children with severe vision impairments. This includes advice/training on the use of electronic aids and Braille
- educational and mobility assessments
- specialist ICT and Braille training/advice
- monitoring children's progress and supporting specialist examination and assessment arrangements
- equipment and technical repair service difficulties, their schools and families.
Sensory TeamAddress: Cannon Park Annexe