Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use personal data about you
We collect and hold personal information relating to cycle training
We use this information to:
- Process requests for cycle training
- Help us to develop and improve our services
We will also share information about you with Public Health England in order to undertake contact tracing as part of NHS test and trace if required.
We process personal data under the lawful basis of consent
What information do we collect about you?
- Full name
- Contact details
- Details of your emergency contact.
- Go Cv Membership number, if you have one.
Who we share your personal data with
We will share data with:
- British Cycling
- Ride Better CIC
- Ezo Cycle
- West Midlands Combined Authority
- Public Health England
- Other Coventry City Council Internal departments
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need, unless we must keep it longer for legal reasons. we will keep your information for 1 year after the training activity has been completed.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Withdraw consent (see below)
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Ask for human intervention regarding decisions made about you by a computer
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Transport and Innovation team; firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdrawal of consent
Where personal data is processed on the basis of consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent. However, Coventry City Council process personal data that it is necessary to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations and to enable us to perform tasks carried out in the public interest.
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the Council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision. Dpoteam@coventry.gov.uk
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,