- Deafblind Enablement Ltd
- Course details
RFQ Level 3 Qualification:
This Signature qualification is designed to give learners the knowledge and skills necessary to work effectively with all groups of deafblind people. It meets the Care Act, 2014 Deafblind requirements which include the Care and Support Policy Guidance for Deafblind Children and Adults, 2014 under the Care Act, 2014, issued under Section 7, Department of Health, previously known as (LAC(DH) (2009)6).
At the end of the qualification candidates will be able to:
- Understand the effects and facilitate communication for all deafblind adults
- Understand how deafblind adults access information and the environment around them
- Understand movement, orientation and mobility and facilitate guiding a deafblind person within a building and to a place of safety using mobility aid Understand the difficulties faced by deafblind wheelchair users
- Understand and ensure effective interaction facilitated with an enablement focus Understand the opportunities and challenges faced by deafblind adults
- Apply all of the knowledge and understanding to be able to assess the needs of a deafblind person
- Course length
- Two half days' online tutorials and 1 day face-to-face tuition with assessment paper, with approx. 8-10 hours home learning per module
- Target group
Social Care professionals who will be required to conduct assessments and evaluate the needs of Deafblind service users.
Prior to the course, invitations to apply are sent to all Adult Social Care General Managers for distribution to staff.