- Janice White, Coventry City Council
see training calendar
- Course details
To explore the legal framework to safeguarding of adults who are or may be at risk of abuse. It will raise awareness amongst practitioners of the legal options that are available to complement their professional skills, experience and knowledge.
- Overview of the safeguarding and protection under the Human Rights Act 1998
- Understanding the legal framework for safeguarding as set out in the Care Act 2014, including the duty to make enquiries
- Understanding other civil and criminal options
- Report writing and practical tips for front line staff
To access the webinar please click on the link below:
- Course length
- This training is available as a webinar.
- Knowledge and Skills Framework
- Safeguarding (4) Mental capacity (5) Effective Assessments and outcome-based support planning (7) Supervision, Critical reflection and analysis (8)
- Professional Capability Framework
- Values and Ethics: Apply social work ethical principles and values to guide professional practice (2) Knowledge: Apply knowledge of social sciences, law and social work practice theory (5) Contexts and organisations: Engage with, inform, and adapt to changing contexts that shape practice. Operate effectively within multi-agency and inter professional partnerships and settings (8)
- Target group
- Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Social Care Professionals including external partners CWPT and UHCW.
This training is available as a webinar.
To access please contact Training@coventry.gov.uk