- Course details
- The physiological causes, symptoms and effects of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- The treatment and management of diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Maintaining good foot care and why this is important.
- Long term complications of diabetes.
- The difference between Type 1 & 2.
- Signs and symptoms.
- How to manage diabetes when a service user is ill.
- Why healthy eating and exercise is important.
- Monitoring blood glucose levels.
- Course length
- 1 hour
- Target group
This course is ideal for anyone working in a caring capacity for either children or vulnerable adults.
This course can be accessed through the Council’s E-learning platform.
If you are unable to access the E-learning platform please contact: OnlineLearning@coventry.gov.uk