- Course details
This course offers a comprehensive overview of manual handling and the responsibilities of all staff when it comes to reducing the risk of injury through manual handling operations. The course includes practical advice and provides organisations with a level of compliance to meet many of their health and safety training obligations.
- The risks involved in manual handling
- The law surrounding it, your employer’s responsibilities and employee’s responsibilities
- The hierarchy of measures to reduce risk, and some practical advice to get you started
- How much the average male and female can lift, and the basic techniques of good lifting practice
- The principles of team lifting, and how to safely move people
- The muscles used in manual handling, common spinal injuries, and tips on how to look after your back
- Course length
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- Target group
This course is for anyone who has manual handling operations in their line of work, including manual labourers, and those in the Health and Social Care sectors.
This course can be accessed through the Council’s E-learning platform.