- E Learning - Centaur Training and Development Ltd
- Course details
This refresher course provides bespoke knowledge for Social Care staff who are required to move and handle people. The training should be completed in conjunction with the corporate ‘Manual Handling’ Online Learning course and any practical work-based assessment required, as part of ongoing professional development. This does not replace classroom induction as it is a refresher course only.
- Understand how to assess and minimise risk before supporting individuals with moving or repositioning.
- Understand how to prepare for and execute Manual Handling activities safely.
- Understand how to evaluate Manual Handling activities and seek advice when required.
- Understand personal responsibilities and professional image.
- Understand working practices related to moving and positioning of people.
- Course length
- 30 minutes
- Target group
All social care staff who are required to move and handle people.