- Lead Adult Care Worker Diploma Level 3
- Course details
This qualification enables learners to develop the fundamental technical skills and underpinning knowledge and understanding required to become competent as lead care workers. By providing leadership, guidance and direction at the frontline of care delivery, they will be instrumental in improving the health and wellbeing of those receiving care and support. It also enables the lead care workers to develop appropriate professional attitudes and behaviours that will support personal success in their job role and the long-term success of their organisation.
In order to meet the apprenticeships standards, apprentices must:
- Achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (England)
- Complete the Care Certificate
- Attain a minimum of level 2 English
- Attain a minimum of level 2 in Maths
- Undertake an enhanced DBS check before starting the qualification.
In addition to these, candidates will be required to complete an End Point Assessment which will contain 2 components
- Situational judgment test– multiple choice
- Professional Discussion
Each component of end-point assessment is graded. Apprentices will also receive a grade for the overall end-point assessment.
This will be Pass/Merit/Distinction.
- Course length
- 12 months
- Skills for care
- Care Certificate -15 Standards
Lead Adult Care Worker Diploma Level 3.
- Target group
- This qualification is aimed at front line staff with job titles such as: Care Officer, Care Supervisor, Senior Care Worker, Supervising Care Worker, Senior Support Worker, Relief Team Leader, Social Work Assistant, Social Services Officer, Outreach Development Worker, Community Support Worker, Community Outreach Worker, Community Development Worker, Family Support Worker or Personal Assistant. These could all specialise in a variety of areas such as learning disability, mental health, drug and alcohol misuse, homecare, dementia and end-of-life care.
Application for this qualification is ascertained through supervision with your manager.