War Memorial Park is Coventry's premier park and attracts around 400,000 visitors from all over the city and further beyond every year. Many come to enjoy a casual visit, while others come to take part in some of the many special events that take place throughout the year.
- Tennis and Bowls 024 7678 5764. Golf Office/visitor centre 024 7697 7770 Park manager 024 7697 7770
- War Memorial Playing fields
- Formal 'themed' gardens
- 1.6 mile circular footpath
- Community Education room available to hire
- Pitch and Putt golf course
- Tennis courts and an LTA accredited coaching programme
- Re-surfaced and floodlit tennis courts which are now open all year round
- 12 football pitches and changing facilities
- Flat green bowls
- Putting Green
- Children's play area
- In the summer, a splash 'n' play water feature
- Café offering a wide selection of food and drinks
- Public toilets
- Distance markers
- 2800m trail on footpaths
- Opening hours
The park is open to visitors all year round, 24 hours a day.
War Memorial Park pitch and putt: opening hours 9.00am - 7.00pm. Last club hire 6.00pm (equipment returned by 7.00pm). The golf reception is located within Visitor Centre.
Our Visitor centre is open 9.00am -5.00pm. Within this building we have an education room which is now available to hire. We also have changing rooms available for hire at the park during our office opening hours.
The Tennis and Bowls reception is open 9:00am to 7:00pm - last booking and equipment hire for Bowls is at 6:00pm.
All equipment to be returned to the tennis and bowls office by 7:00pm
- Wheelchair user accessible. Disabled parking bays available at Kenilworth Road and Leamington Road car parks. Members of the public are not routinely permitted to bring a vehicle onto the park. However, where access to the education room to attend an event or a private booking is necessary Blue Badge holders can contact the Visitor Centre on 024 7678 6280 to discuss their requirements. Please note that vehicle access onto the War Memorial park is by prior arrangement only. Should we receive less than 24 hours notice we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request.