This course includes training in the safe use of Adrenaline Auto-Injectors.
Part one: Consists of a 6-hour online learning module
The eLearning module also provides access to an online Paediatric First Aid training manual, which is a valuable resource. This manual will automatically update and include amendments to the first aid protocols. This manual is available during the course and after completion of the course.
This is a 6-hour practical session which is led by fully qualified and professional trainers.
All our Paediatric First Aid (PFA) courses comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage/Ofsted requirements and the PFA training provider is a member of The First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) who approve, monitor, regulate and quality assure. Certification is valid for 3 years.
All courses have revised training techniques which allow delegates to carry out all the practical skills safely. All delegates must demonstrate that they can undertake cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques, including effective mouth-to-mouth and demonstrating to the instructor that they can perform this.
Face shields are provided to each delegate. These provide a physical barrier between the course delegate and the dummies to ensure course delegates are completely safe.
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording
- Accidents and incidents
- Assessing an emergency and prioritise what action to take
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child who is both breathing normally and not breathing normally
- External bleeding
- Hypovolemic shock
- Anaphylactic shock
- Electric shock
- Burns or scalds
- Suspected fracture
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Suspected poisoning
- Foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- Bites and stings
- Extreme heat or cold
- Diabetic/Asthma attack/allergic reaction
- Febrile convulsions
- Recovery Position
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Aimed at
This Paediatric First Aid qualification is for people who work with infants and children up to puberty
- Date and time
- PFA 17 Evening - Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 February, 6pm-9pm
- PFA 18 Daytime - Tuesday 28 February, 9.30am-4pm
- PFA 19 Daytime - Monday 6 March, 9.30am-4pm
- PFA 20 Daytime - Saturday 11 March, 9.30am-4pm
- PFA 21 Daytime - Friday 17 March, 9.30am-4pm
- PFA 22 Evening - Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 March, 6pm-9pm
- PFA 23 Daytime - Wednesday 29 March, 9.30am-4pm
Blithfield Safety Training
Early Bird Rate - Coventry Ofsted registered early years and childcare providers, including schools and childminders. £70. (Places need to be booked two weeks prior to the course date to qualify for the Early Bird Rate).
Coventry Ofsted registered early years and childcare providers/schools/childminders. £75. (Bookings made less than two weeks before course date)
Other individuals or organisations. £85. (This course can be booked by individuals and organisations who are not childcare providers).
- Delivery method
- Willenhall Education, Employment and Training Centre, 239 Robin Hood Road, Coventry, CV3 3AN (Free parking)