Food safety tips
Make sure that the food you are preparing and sharing is safe by following the tips below:
- Ensure the area where you are preparing food has been cleaned and sanitised.
- Wash your hands before you start preparing food and after handling raw meat.
- Store raw and ready to eat foods separately.
- Wash fresh fruit, vegetables and salad items before use.
- Keep ready to eat chilled foods cold until you are ready to serve them.
- Ensure cooked foods are thoroughly cooked.
- Do not keep food out at room temperature/outside for too long especially if it is a warm day.