Meet our Business Compliance Officer
Coventry City Council Food and Safety Team would like to introduce you to, your new Business Compliance Officer: Sarah Prescott.
Who I am
As a Business Compliance Officer my role is to support you and your business needs in an advisory capacity. The main aim being to achieve the highest possible standards for every food business operating in the City. With City of Culture 2021 this is particularly important. So, I look forward to working with you and being able to showcase Coventry’s food at its very best.
Where I'm from
I come from a background in the hospitality industry. This gives me the perfect platform to understand you and your needs from a business point of view. I have over 20 years of experience in this sector as a fully trained chef, added to that I am formally qualified in areas such as Food Hygiene and Culinary Management.
What I do
I am here to provide any help we can with your food business. For example:
- Food Hygiene Information
- Basic training in areas such as cleaning and record-keeping
- Help with your SFBB (Safer Food Better Business Pack)
- Health and Safety Advice
How I do it
- Phone consultations. You can call me at any time, with queries you may have.
- I can provide links to our own online resources such as advice sheets.
- Links to external resources such as the Food Standards Agency where you will be able to find information such as food training guides.
- I am now able to offer on-site visits, where I will be able to help you in person on a 1:1 basis. I will be following all current COVID-19 guidelines when undertaking these visits.
Why use us
- I am a free advisory service and so it is an opportunity to gain the knowledge you may need, in order to improve your business. A better business can improve your revenue and is also good for the community.
- Help you achieve a higher rating with the Food Standards Agency.
- I will be able to assist with any questions that you may have, following an inspection.
- I’ll tailor our service to meet your individual needs.
Telephone: 024 7697 1601