Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use personal data about you
We collect and hold the personal information that Food Union members submit via our online application form. We do this in order to run Food Union efficiently and to uphold our quality standards.
We use this information to:
- Send Food Union members a seasonal newsletter
- Contact Food Union members about potential opportunities
- Invite Food Union members to Food Union events
- Help us to develop and improve Food Union.
What Personal information do we collect about you?
- Contact details (telephone number and email address)
- Date of birth
- What you are interested in receiving through Food Union
- Anything else you have submitted in the online application form
Who we share your personal data with
We won't share your email address or telephone number with anyone.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as you are a member of Food Union. Should you wish to stop being a member you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of your account.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please e-mail: TimeUnion.ThePod@coventry.gov.uk
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Information Commissioner's Office,