If you are behind with your mortgage payments, your mortgage provider may take steps to repossess your home.

Your mortgage provider should explore all other reasonable options prior to starting repossession proceedings, so it's important that you talk with your mortgage provider at the earliest opportunity if you are struggling to keep up with payments. If you can, you should try and arrange a payment plan with the lender as this may prevent repossession of your home. 

If you have been made redundant or are ill, you may be able to get assistance with payments if you have taken out a mortgage protection policy. 

You can use our Benefit and Budgeting Calculator to help with planning your spending and finding out what benefits you may be entitled to. 

You can get more advice from:

How do I get more help from the Council? 

If you have received notification that your lender is going to start repossession proceedings, tell us as soon as you can by registering with us.

Make a housing assistance referral

Need to read in another language?

Tell us what you think

Homelessness Advice Service

If you are homeless and have nowhere safe to stay tonight, please call 024 7683 4025. Our phone lines are open 9am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday. For out of hours emergencies please call 024 7683 2222. If you are worried you may be at risk of losing your home, you can access help by completing an online referral.

Telephone: 024 7683 4025

Young people experiencing homelessness

If you are aged 16-24, are a single or a couple, and do not have children, you can access the Housing & Homelessness service by contacting the Coventry Youth Hub.

Telephone: 0121 269 1940