Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why do we collect and use Personal Data about you?
We collect and use your personal information so that we can ensure that the advice, guidance and support we offer you is tailored to your needs. We also use your personal information to check that you are eligible to receive support from our ESF and other externally funded education, training and employment support programmes.
We use this information to:
- Identify and provide you with the services you need
- Let you know what services you can apply for
- Identify employment and training opportunities
- Support you with benefit claims and grant applications
- Deliver targeted help and support to assist you on your journey into work or education as required by our grant funders
- Send you text messages about opportunities you may be interested in
- Help us develop and improve our services
- Send reports to government departments
Important: If you receive support through one of our ESF Funded Programmes the information here will tell you about how your information is used.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect and hold the following information about you
- Full name
- Contact details
- Education and employment history
- Financial information - such as income from benefits and debts owed, to assist you with breaking down financial barriers on your journey into work or education
- Health difficulties or disabilities to make sure we offer you the right support
- Family circumstances – such as who you live with and their employment status
- Your emergency contact details
- Housing information - such as homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
We share data with:
- Potential employers – So that you can apply for vacancies or opportunities
- Our partner organisations – If they are offering support that you may need
- Housing organisations – If you need help with housing
- Training providers – When you need to be referred
- External organisations – Only when we have identified support that you need from them
- Organisations providing funding - To show that you are eligible for the support
- Charitable organisations – so that they can support you with charity grant applications
- Other internal Council departments
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to, so we can give you the service you need unless we must keep it for legal reasons. We will keep information about you for 6 years after the last contact for Management. For ESF Grant funded programmes we are required to keep it for 10 years after the end of the programme.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal information
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact: The Coventry Job Shop on 024 7678 5740 or email: [email protected]
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances, you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision. [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,
Date of last review: October 2021