Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Boarding of dogs and cats

To run a business boarding dogs and/or cats in the Coventry area you will require a licence under the The Animal Welfare (Licencing of Activities Involving Animals)(England) Regulations 2018.

Boarding is split into the following four categories:

  • Providing boarding in kennels for dogs - guidance
  • Providing home boarding for dogs - guidance
  • Providing day care for dogs - guidance
  • Providing boarding for cats - guidance

The cost and length of the licence is determined on meeting the criteria under the The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018.  

Please note: New applicants can only achieve a 2 star one year licence in the first year.

Changes of circumstances can be made by contacting a member of the Animal Welfare team. Any changes will incur a charge. 

To apply for a licence you are required to download, complete and submit the application form. 

Animal welfare


Tel: 07976 736957

Coventry City Council

Is there anything wrong with this page?