Graffiti is an illegal, anti-social activity that creates a negative impression of an area and contributes to people's fear of crime.
We deal with requests for graffiti removal from council-owned property, with the highest priority given to removing racist and obscene material.
Report graffiti online
What you need to tell us
- The exact location of the graffiti
- If the graffiti is racist/offensive
- Whether it is private property
- Whether you are able to help us identify those responsible
We aim to:
- Remove racist/offensive graffiti from highways and City Council owned property, including children's play equipment within parks within 24 hours.
- Remove other graffiti from highways and City Council owned property, including children's play equipment within parks within 10 working days.
If the graffiti is on private property, there will be a charge and a disclaimer will need to be signed by the property owner in respect of any possible damage that may occur during graffiti removal.
Please help us by:
- Reporting all instances of graffiti on public buildings/signs
- Helping us identify those responsible