Whitmore Park Annexe
The Hospital Education Service is a team of teachers and other education support staff who provide education for school age children who are unable to attend their usual school temporarily due to accident, illness or other reasons.
Our opening hours are 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday. The school runs from 9am to 12.15pm and then from 12.45pm to 2.30pm.
We have knowledge and experience of:
- The need for continuity in education, despite hospitalisation and illness
- The ways in which medical conditions affect learning and development
- The long-term effects of interrupted education on children's capacity for reaching their potential.
- Whitmore Park Annexe provides education to 11-16 year olds who cannot attend mainstream schools
When we become involved we will:
- Talk to other people involved in your child's education
- Teach your child according to his/her age and ability
- Monitor their progress
- Plan and support their re-integration back into their usual school
- Have regular meetings with you and other people involved.
View our policies
View our latest OFSTED report, from February 2019.