Licences are required for any display that may protrude/project over a public highway.

A highway projection licence is also required for:

  • Building on the highway. For example, a disabled access ramp at the entrance to a property.
  • Building work that project over the highway. For example, shop signage or construction of a balcony.

A crane that over sails the highway is not a highway projection. Please contact the Traffic Management Team to discuss.

Traffic Management Team

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street