Care and support services are not free. Most people have to pay something towards their own care and some will have to pay for all of the costs.

Your local authority (council) may cover some or all of the cost of care in some circumstances, but its help is "means-tested". This means that who pays depends on what your needs are, how much money you have, and what level and type of care and support you require.

If we consider that you need support that it can provide, we may also carry out a financial assessment. This assessment will determine;

  • whether the local authority will meet all the cost of your care,
  • or whether you will need to contribute towards your care cost,
  • or whether you will have to meet the full costs yourself.

Access funding for non-residential care services

If you have care and support needs a social worker will complete an assessment to determine what help you require. You can choose to have the care services arranged by adult social care or receive a payment called a Direct Payment to enable you to arrange the services yourself.

Services covered by non-residential care services funding

The following services are covered by non-residential care services funding:

If the assessment concludes you require care services you will then receive a financial assessment.

Information you will need to provide

We will need to see details and documentary evidence of your current weekly income as well as any savings, investments or other forms of capital.

Financial assessments team

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 3575