Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP) feedback privacy notice

Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.

This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.

Why we collect and use personal information about you

  • We collect and hold personal information relating to the Making Safeguarding Personal feedback.  We use this information to help us to develop and improve our services
  • Our lawful basis for processing is consent.

What personal information we collect about you

  • Name
  • Contact details (address, telephone number, email address)

Who we share your personal information with

If you choose to provide us with your personal information on the questionnaire, we will share your personal information with an allocated worker from the Adult Social Care teams within Coventry City Council.

How long will we keep your information?

We will only keep your information for as long as we need to, so we can contact you about your feedback on the questionnaire.

Your Rights

You have the right to:

  1. Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
  2. Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
  3. Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
  4. Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
  5. Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
  6. Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (information below)

To exercise any of these rights please contact Andrew Errington and/or email [email protected]

Withdrawal of consent 

Where personal data is processed on the basis of consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent. However, Coventry City Council process personal data that it is necessary to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations and to enable us to perform tasks carried out in the public interest.


You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision. [email protected]

If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:

The Information Commissioner's Office,
Wycliffe House,
Water Lane,
SK9 5AF.

Date of last review: August 2019

Is there anything wrong with this page?