It is a group of interested local people who come together to improve the appearance, facilities, conservation value and safety of their local park.
The group can be involved in:
- Fundraising for improvements and events in parks
- Making sure the community's voice is heard in the management of the park.
- Practical tasks like litter picking and tree planting.
- Park patrols
- Helping in the management of the park
- Leading walks, talks and events.
This group needs to be a dedicated group of people who are able to carry out the work needed to achieve the goals, aims and objectives of the membership.