Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use Personal Data about you
We collect and hold personal information relating to customer contacts via telephone, emails and online in respect of Penalty Charge Notices, applications for parking permits including applications for dispensation waivers and parking suspensions, making payments directly to Parking Services for services and products supplied.
We use this information to:
- Enforce parking, bus lane and traffic regulations.
- To administer parking schemes and to access government systems
- Manage car parking services
- Provide you with necessary and appropriate services
- Help us to develop and improve our services
- Complete statistical returns to Government departments
We process personal data because it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations in relation to regulations made under the Traffic Management Act 2004. Complying with these regulations ensures that we can effectively deliver parking and traffic related services.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following personal data from you:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Recordings of telephone calls
- Vehicle registration number
- Photographic and video images of vehicles
- Video images and sound recordings that will include members of the public who interact with employees
Who we share your personal data with?
We will share data with:
- Other internal Coventry City Council departments
- Government departments
- Third party debt recovery agencies
- Enforcement Agents (bailiffs)
- Third party software providers
- Third party vehicle removal agencies
- Third party payment service providers
- The independent parking adjudication service (Traffic Penalty Tribunal)
- The Traffic Enforcement Centre
- Police or other security organisations
- Law enforcement agencies
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need unless we must keep it for legal reasons.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal information
- Ask for human intervention regarding decisions made about you by a computer
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact Parking Services, Coventry City Council, PO Box 15, Council House, Coventry, CV1 5RR.
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,
Date of last review: July 2022