Participation team privacy notice
Privacy notice for the Participation Team working with looked after children and their carers
Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use personal data about you
Coventry City Council collects and holds personal information relating to Looked after Children and their foster carers.
The Participation Team use this information to:
- Provide you with necessary and appropriate services
- Help us to develop and improve our services
- Complete statistical returns to Government departments
- Invite you to events, activities and days out
- Invite you to join focus groups to help us improve the services Coventry City Council offers
- Mailout information to you such as questionnaires, opportunities to take part in events, activities and days out.
What information do we collect about you?
- Your name and,
- Name of the child/young person taking part in the activity
- Your address and contact number
- Child/young person's age
- Child/young person's gender
- Child/young person’s ethnicity
Who we share your personal data with
We will share data with:
- Other internal Coventry City Council departments
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can inform you of activities you can access.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Ask for human intervention regarding decisions made about you by a computer
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Participation Team and/or email [email protected]
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,
Date of last review: November 2020