Making a planning application

Change of use/flexible change of use

What is a change of use? 

Sometimes you can change a property's use without needing planning permission. 

If you would like the Planning team to confirm that the proposed use does not need planning permission then you will need to make an application for a Lawful Development Certificate.

You can search for historic planning permissions or use our online map to research the planning history of a site or property.

Please be aware that planning permission does not always confirm the use of a premises or site as it may not have been implemented or the use may have changed since planning permission was given.

Please refer our planning guidance if you would like further advice.


Email: [email protected]

Tel: 024 7683 1109

Coventry City Council
PO Box 15
Council House

Is there anything wrong with this page?