Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use Personal Data about you
We collect and hold personal information about you, relating to your request to be included on the Planning Policy consultation database and in relation to any representations and information which you submit to us to help us develop and deliver planning policy in accordance with The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, The Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004, and The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
We use this information to:
- Provide you with necessary and appropriate services
- Help us to develop and improve our services
- Complete necessary returns to Government departments
Our lawful basis for processing is Public Task
What information do we collect about you?
- Your full name
- Your contact details
- Your comments on planning policy consultations
Who we share your Personal Data with
We will share data with:
- Other internal Coventry City Council service areas
- An independent examining body if you choose to comment on a consultation where a plan is to be submitted for examination by a Planning Inspector or a Neighbourhood Plan examiner
Your name, organisation (if applicable), your comments and any supporting information which you submit in support of your comments will be publicly viewable. Once you have submitted your comments these will remain in the public domain even if you request that your personal contact details are removed from our database. This is because your comments are used to help us develop planning policy and we must be transparent in how we do this in accordance with the law.
Your contact details and signature will not be published.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need, unless we must keep it for legal reasons.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Ask for human intervention regarding decisions made about you by a computer
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Planning Policy Team: email@example.com
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances, you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner's Office at:
The Information Commissioner's Office,