Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and the UK GDPR and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect and use personal data about you
We collect and hold personal information relating to your personal circumstances relating your mental health and social circumstances.
We use this information to:
- Begin to understand your circumstances as a whole and how you would like to reimagine your life
- Provide you with necessary and appropriate support
- Help us to develop and improve our services
- Complete statistical returns to Government departments
We process personal data because it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018, Care Act 2014, Mental Health Act 1983
What information we collect about you
- Post Code
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Date Of Birth
- NHS Number
- Care Director Number
- Eligibility to Public Funds
- GP Name and Contact Details
- Trade Union Membership
- Next Of Kin
- Care Cluster (if applicable)
- Recent mental health related hospital admissions
- Current Statutory Support and Treatment including CHRTT
- Whether you have S117 eligibility
- Your most recent Steve Morgan Risk Assessment completed by your Care Coordinator (if applicable)
- A brief risk assessment provided by your Care Coordinator
- A summary of what is important to you
- Other commissioned services involved in your care and support
- Whether or not you have completed a Strengths And Needs Assessment
- Your Care Coordinator and their contact details
Who we share your personal data with
We will share data with:
- Statutory services working directly with you or have oversight of your care and support
- Statutory bodies and emergency services (when yours or somebody else's wellbeing is assessed as significantly at risk eg safeguarding)
- Others you have given us clear and recorded permission to share with
Sharing of any information will be done only when it is deemed as absolutely necessary.
How long we keep your information for
We will only keep your information for as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need, unless we must keep it for legal reasons.
You have the right to:
- Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
- Withdraw consent (see below)
- Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Ask us to delete the information we hold about you
- Ask us to limit the way we use your personal Information
- Ask for human intervention regarding decisions made about you by a computer
- Data portability (have your data transferred to another Authority)
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact The Pod and/or email email@example.com
Withdrawal of consent
Where personal data is processed on the basis of consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent. However Coventry City Council process personal data that it is necessary to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations and to enable us to perform tasks carried out in the public interest.
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the decision.
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,
Date of last review: March 2021