Each day, thousands of children in Coventry cross the road with a school crossing patrol on their journeys to and from school. Patrols operate at many locations in the city and the safety of the children who cross with them is vitally important.
How you can help
As a driver, or parent/guardian you can help by:
- Please slow down near to schools, or in areas where a patrol is working.
- Be patient and give the patrol and children plenty of room to cross the road safely.
- It is important to park vehicles well away from school crossing patrol sites. This makes sure that the patrol has a clear view of approaching traffic, and also allows drivers to see the patrol and children.
- Please set a good example by always crossing with the patrol where one is provided.
- Remind your children of the importance of always waiting at the kerb until the patrol tells them it is safe to cross.
- Wear a mask when dropping your child off at school if your school has asked you to. Please be aware though that masks are not compulsory for Patrols as Patrols need to be able to see traffic clearly and children need to be able to hear unmuffled instructions given by the Patrol.
School crossing patrol teamAddress: PO Box 15