Dear Customers, friends and associates
We can hardly believe we are finally in a position to be able to announce our opening arrangements. As most of you will be aware we have been ridiculously busy as a Café Team during lockdown. With your help, through the Pay it Forward scheme we have been able to distribute thousands of delicious plant-based meals to associates of The Pod that have been disproportionately impacted by COVID19. We also developed Click Collect Connect and then our shop offer. Despite the busyness, we do feel a little out of practice in terms of operating as a Café and as you will imagine have had to introduce many new ways of working.
- Reducing seating capacity: We will be able to seat 18 people. We have 2 tables for 2 and 3 tables for 4 – this is to ensure COVID safety and as importantly to enhance the customer experience
- Whetting your appetite: The menu will continue to celebrate our plant-based, locally sourced, slow food ethos expect to see offerings such as: Roasted Cauliflower and Black Bean Curry served with Baked Vegetable Pilau Rice and an uplifting Indian Salad, followed by a moreish Cardamom Cake, all enjoyed with a gentle Iced Black Chai
- Cost. The set lunch menu will cost £8
- COVID building management: As well as reducing the seating to 18 from 30 and introducing a seating/table plan and booking system we have a specialist anti-viral extractor installed and hand sanitisers, doors will also be open to maximise air circulating through the building. Unfortunately, Public Health has advised that the toilet needs to be for staff only [but if you are desperate let us know]. You will also need to wear a face mask on arrival and departure. We also ask that customers do not move furniture as it is placed to enable social distancing. Other details about COVID management will be posted on the A board.
- Café Welcome and ambience: You will be welcomed to your table by one of the Café Team who will be taking the maître d' role, they will also be curating the soundtrack for the day and will manage your card payment on departure – we are unable to accept cash payments.
Book a table
Connect on social media
We have short term WiFi access for optional viewing though we maintain a low tech/anti-screen space.