Who do I get consent from?

If you wish to undertake certain types of work on a watercourse then you need permission from the appropriate body. This depends on whether the watercourse is classed as a ' Main River ' or an 'Ordinary Watercourse'. You can find out what the watercourse is classed as on the Environment Agency Main River map.

If the watercourse is classed as Main River, an environmental permit from the Environment Agency may be required, depending on whether the activity is regulated.

Works affecting an Ordinary Watercourse may require consent from Coventry City Council.

Coventry City Council, as Lead Local Flood Authority, assumed responsibility for the Ordinary Watercourse consenting role from the Environment Agency on 6 April 2012, as part of the requirements of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010.

Flood Risk Management Officer

Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)

Address: 259 London Road
Whitley Depot

Telephone: 08085 834333