Accessibility statement for www.coventry.gov.uk
This accessibility statement applies to www.coventry.gov.uk.
This website is run by Coventry City Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We also have the ReachDeck supportive toolbar enabled. The toolbar provides speech, reading, and translation support tools and makes online content more accessible for people with Dyslexia, Low Literacy, English as a Second Language, and those with mild visual impairments.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- the image highlighting our online chat availability does not have alt text associated with it.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 024 7697 8000
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email our E-Communications team firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Coventry City Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- The image that shows whether our online chat is available or not, does not have alternative text. This is due to be replaced with a different online chat system by the end of February 2022.
- Some of our historic PDFs and Word documents. By December 2022, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are doing a number of things to improve our website accessibility:
- training for staff on how to create accessible pages and documents
- ongoing monitoring of accessibility issues using automated testing via SiteImprove
- weekly accessibility reports and schedule of changes
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 10 August 2020. It was last reviewed on 10 February 2022.
This website was last tested on 10 February 2022. The test was carried out by SiteImprove which tested all pages within www.coventry.gov.uk.
Our current score is 86.3% (compared to an industry benchmark of 85.5%).
E-Communications teamAddress: PO Box 15