How to make a referral to Adult Social Care

For a carer

Anyone who looks after another adult (Informal Carer) and may need help to enable them to continue to care can have a Carers Assessment.

For yourself or someone you know

Any adult who may have needs for care and support can have an assessment. Find out about assessments, eligibility and support planning

As a professional

If you are a professional and feel the person you’re working with could benefit from some care and support, complete the online Adult Social Care referral form for:

  • Older people (65+)
  • Informal carers
  • Younger adults (18+) with a physical impairment, visual impairment or learning difficulty/disability
  • Occupational therapy assessments

Adult Social Care Direct

Speech impairment, deaf or hard of hearing? You can call using Next Generation Text (also known as Text Relay and TypeTalk): Call 18001 024 7683 3003

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 3003