What sort of things does the food and safety team deal with?
- Investigate food complaints including foreign bodies found in food and mouldy food.
- Complaints regarding cleanliness/hygiene in food businesses.
- Investigation of food poisoning cases/outbreaks and instances of food borne/water borne illness. Help to prevent the spread of infection.
- Carry out routine food safety inspections and rate businesses under the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
- Carry out food sampling in the City.
- Give advice to people setting up new food businesses, including those run from home.
- Approve food manufacturers and issue approval certification.
- Advise food businesses regarding new legislation and changes to legislation/guidance.
- Advise businesses and consumers regarding food alerts issued by the Government.
Food and Safety team
Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)Address: PO Box 15