What can't we do?
- Deal with anonymous complaints. Rest assured that any contact details you give to us remain completely confidential.
- Demand compensation or apologies from businesses or take enforcement action on your behalf.
- Deal with complaints regarding poor customer service or food quality.
- Insist on businesses taking action that does not form part of food safety legislation.
- Submit samples of food from members of the public for microbiological testing.
- Provide advice on matters relating to Trading Standards for example labelling. These enquiries should be directed to our Trading Standards Team.
- Take action in relation to food businesses that are not within the City boundary. Please contact the relevant Local Authority.
Food and Safety team
Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)Address: PO Box 15