Coventry City Council is committed to ensuring people with care and support needs and their carers can be equal partners in planning and shaping future developments in adult social care.
Why we would like you to get involved
A key part of the Adult Social Care offer is to put adults and carers at the heart of everything we do. We know that people who use our services often have the best ideas about how to make changes or improvements.
Get involved and help us improve our adult social care and support for adults with disabilities, older people and carers. It might take less time than you think.
Your views and suggestions are really important to us as everyone has different experiences and knowledge. This might be your experience of the assessment process, your experience of receiving support to help you with your care needs or it may be your experience as a family member or carer.
If you think you might be interested in helping us, we want to hear from you.
What are the benefits of getting involved?
Getting involved is a great way to:
- Meet new people
- Build your confidence
- Learn new skills
- Make sure that the Council and other organisations know what is important to you and your community
- Be involved in making decisions
Supporting you to get involved
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to get involved.
We will try to hold meetings at times that are convenient for you, in places that are easy to get to and wheelchair accessible.
Where needed, we will provide support for some of our involvement opportunities. This could mean providing extra information or training to make sure you have the skills and understanding of the topic you need to make a difference.
How can I get involved?
There are lots of ways to get involved. This list contains just a few of them.
We know your time is precious so you may not be able to commit to everything. We’d love you to tell us how you want to get involved.
- Discussion or focus group - discuss current services or plans for new ones
- Surveys and questionnaires - give us your views, such as our Adult Social Care experience survey
- Adult Social Care Stakeholder Group - this group is made up of people with care and support needs, carers, local organisations and council staff. Help plan and influence the future of adult social care by becoming a member of the group. We meet every two months for two hours at a time.
- Adult Social Care Annual Report - help us write or edit our annual report
- Training - share your experiences to help staff and students learn about receiving support from local services
We will be producing a quarterly newsletter for people interested in Adult Social Care which will include updates on developments and details of forthcoming opportunities for getting involved.
If you want to be added to our newsletter circulation list, please let us know, indicating whether you wish to receive newsletters by email or post, providing your name and email address or postal address as appropriate.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Adult Social Care - Get involvedAddress: PO Box 15