Our website has lots of information that may be useful to you to help to promote your wellbeing. There are times when many people need extra support to do everyday things because of age, frailty, a health condition, disability or changes at home. Their families and their carers can also need help and support.

There are gadgets, equipment and other things available to help you live independently at home and help you do more things for yourself for longer.

There are activities and groups available in your local community to keep you healthy, active and reduce feelings of loneliness.

This type of support can help you to stay safe and well for longer without the need for formal support.

There are also several voluntary organisations that can provide information, advice and support to people in Coventry to make choices about their lives. This includes advice about activities, looking after yourself, social care, health, benefits and managing your money.

You can find out more about information and advice services in our directory.

If you are looking after someone, you will find it helpful to look at the information about support for carers in Coventry.

If you are looking after someone and you are worried about what would happen to the person you care for if you were taken ill, you may want to consider our Carers Response Emergency Support Service (CRESS).

I’m worried about my health

The NHS Choices website has lots of information about how to look after your health, different health problems and what to do if you or the person you care for feels unwell.  It also explains the different types of health services and how to access them.

If you are worried about your health or that of the person you care for then you should talk to your GP. You should use the NHS 111 service if you or the person you care for urgently needs medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation. Always call 999 if someone is seriously ill or injured, and their life is at risk.

If you start having difficulty looking after yourself because your health has got worse suddenly you should talk to your GP who may be able to arrange some short-term help at home for you.

I can’t find what I need or I think I need to contact someone about my situation

If you think your health has got worse over time and you are struggling to look after yourself, you can complete an online self-assessment or speak to Adult Social Care and talk with someone about what support might be available to you.

More information about having an assessment.

Adult Social Care Direct

Speech impairment, deaf or hard of hearing? You can call using Next Generation Text (also known as Text Relay and TypeTalk): Call 18001 024 7683 3003

Address: PO Box 15
Council House
Earl Street

Telephone: 024 7683 3003